About Us

The Evoy Funeral Homes (1879-Current)
Philadelphia (1879-early 1950’s)
Haddon Heights (1907-mid 1970’s)
North Cape May (1967-Current)

In 1879, Martin Evoy established the first parlors at 1939 Ridge Avenue in Philadelphia, subsequently moving in 1900 to 2809 Diamond Street where the establishment was maintained until 1942.

Martin Albert Evoy, son of the founder, joined the business in 1900.  In 1907, he helped his father to open a funeral home in Haddon Heights at High Street and White Horse Pike.

William B. Evoy, son of Martin Albert and grandson of Martin, joined the firm in 1933.  He moved the original parlor to 3140 North Broad Street.  After the passing of the two elder Evoy’s and due to a growing clientele who appreciated the courteous, efficient, reasonable service provided, William built the present Georgian colonial style funeral home at 129 White Horse Pike in Haddon Heights, in 1949. Wyn W.A. Evoy son of William B. Evoy joined the funeral home in 1965

William B. Evoy along with his son Wyn W. A. Evoy established the current Evoy Funeral Home at 3218 Bayshore Road, North Cape May in 1967 and also established as part of the funeral home The Cape May County Crematory in 1974. After 71 years of dedicated service to the Haddon Heights and surrounding communities, in the mid 1970’s the Haddon Heights location was sold to focus on serving the growing year round community in Cape May County.

In September of 2009, Wyn W. A. Evoy semi-retired and the funeral home ownership was transferred to long-time employee and manager Richard M. Rader and Wesley Kline. The ownership was again transferred in December 2021 to Paul Loveland Jr. and long-time interim employee Paul Loveland III, who have owned and operated Langley-Loveland Funeral Home in Tuckahoe since 1988. They along with their highly experienced staff will continue the same compassionate and dignified service the Evoy family has given the local surrounding communities over many years.